Matthew Moore Hardy, famously known as Matt Hardy, is a renowned American professional wrestler who has won 44 championships in his wrestling career. He is currently working in WWE. Matt plays along with his brother Jeff Hardy and is popularly known as Hardy Boys or Hardys.
Together they have won 18 championships with wrestling federation like WWF/WWE, ROH, and TNA. His unique wrestling style, entertaining persona, and gimmicks have attracted a million of fans. Let’s know more about him through some quick facts;
Quick Facts About Matt Hardy:
|Full Name||Mattew Moore Hardy|
|Ring Name||Matt Hardy|
|Date of Birth||September 23, 1974|
|Marital Status||Married to Reby Sky|
|Birthplace||Cameron, North Carolina, United States|
|Net Worth||$10 million to $20 million|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||236 lb (107 Kg)|
Childhood and Early Life of Matt Hardy
Matthew Moore Hardy was born to Gilbert and Ruby Hardy at Cameron, North Carolina. His mother, Ruby, sadly died due to brain cancer in 1986. Hardy was very good at his studies and enrolled in Union Pines High School in North Carolina.
As a bright student, he was a nominee for the “Morehead Award,” which meant a scholarship to any university in North Carolina. Hardy was swift at basketball and football. He joined the University of North Carolina at Charlotte to pursue engineering, but could not do so due to his father’s illness.
After that, he went to Sandhills Community College in Pinehurst to retrieve his degree. He was fond of Ric Flair and Macho Man, which ignited a passion for him for wrestling when he was growing up.
Matt Hardy Age, Height, Weight
This champion was born in the year of 1974. He celebrates his birthday each year on the 23rd of September. In 2020, he is 45 years old and falls under the sun sign of Libra. This heavyweight champion stands tall at the towering height of 6 feet 2 inches.
Also, he weighs about 236 pounds, which translates to 107 kg. There is no valid information about his vital measurement. We will update it as soon as it is on the media. Till then, stay tuned!
Matt Hardy Wrestling Career
With his brother Jeff, Matt practiced few moves and sent the tape to the World Championship Wrestling (WCW), naming themselves ‘High Voltage.’ Together they signed a contract with WWE in 1998. They were able to pioneer new wrestling concepts like Ladder, Tables, and Chairs matches in WWE history.
His wrestling moves are simply a visual treat for his fans. Hardys have won World Tag Team Championship seven times. Later, Matt wrestled as a singles competitor in various other championships and won them. In 2010, Matthew left WWE and joined Total Nonstop Action (TNA) in 2011.
After a few months of playing there, he was reported to be suspended from TNA. Following the suspension, he started playing at independent circuits. Hardy reunited with OMEGA in 2013 and continued playing at TNA in 2014. With his powerful comeback as ‘Broker Matt,’ he received an overwhelming response from his entire wrestling fans.
Besides wrestling, Matthew has featured in numerous TV commercials and shows like 70s Show, Scare Tactics, and Fear Factor, which he won. Hardy has written an inspiring book called ‘The Hardy Boyz: Exist 2 Inspire,’ which made him New York Times bestselling author. The big-hearted man actively participates in various charity and donations to fight for important causes.
Matt Hardy Controversies and Scandals
Matt Hardy is an icon to his fans, but this has not stopped him from being involved in discussions. The legendary brothers are often found to be making headlines with drug-related cases. In 2011, he was reported with the case of allegedly assaulting his wife, Reby Sky.
The new management of TNA ( currently known as Impact Wrestling) Anthem Sports and Entertainment issued a cease and desist letter to The Hardys’ new promotion ‘Ring of Honor’ to stop them from using Broker Matt gimmick. However, the brothers claim that it is their idea, and TNA has no legal rights to do so.
Matt Hardy’s Wife
The rising star was in love with WWE Dive, Amy Lita Dumas. But then, he found his girlfriend cheating on him with his friend, Adam Edge, which eventually led to their breakup. Even more, Matt also has a dating history with his fellow wrestler, Ashley Massaro, during his earlier days.
In February 2011, he got romantically involved with Reby Sky. The two love birds got married on October 5, 2013, and are now a proud parent of two cute kids, Maxel and Wolfgang Xander Hardy.
Matt Hardy Net Worth
There is no denying that this wrestler makes a lot of money from his profession as a wrestler. In 2020 Hardy is estimated to sit on the net worth of $10 million to $20 million. In comparison to his work and effort, this net worth appears to be less.
In addition to this, more information about his salary, cars, and mansions still remains in the dark. We will update the information any time soon. Till then keep reading this article.
Championships and Accomplishments
Carolina Wrestling Federation
- CWF Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Maryland Championship Wrestling
- MCW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Extreme Rising Championship (1 time)
National Championship Wrestling
- NCW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- NCW Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
New Dimension Wrestling
- NDW Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Jeff Hardy
- NDW Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
New England Wrestling Alliance
- NEWA Championship (1 time)
- NEWA Hall of Fame ( Class of 2012)
New Frontier Wrestling Association
- NFWA Championship (1 time)
- NFWA Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Venom
- NWA 2000 Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Jeff Hardy
Organization of Modern Extreme Grappling Arts
- OMEGA Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- OMEGA Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Jeff Hardy
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- PWI Feud of the Year (2005) vs. Edge and Lita
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated Match of the Year (2000) with Jeff Hardy
- PWI Match of the Year (2001) with Jeff Hardy
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated Tag Team of the Year (2000) with Jeff Hardy
- PWI ranked him in the 7th position of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2003.
Pro Wrestling Syndicate
- PWS Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
House of Glory
- HOG Tag Team Championship (1 time)
Ring of Honor
- ROH Iconic Championship (1 time)
- ROH World Tag Team Championship (1 time) with Jeff Hardy
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
- TNA World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
- Total Non-Stop Action World Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Jeff Hardy
- TNA World Tag Team Championship #1 Contender’s Tournament (2014) – with Jeff Hardy.
World Wrestling Federation/ World Wrestling Entertainment
- ECW Championship (1 time)
- WWF European Championship (1 time)
- WWF/ World Tag Team Championship (6 times) – with Jeff Hardy
- WWE Raw Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Jeff Hardy and Bray Wyatt
- WWE Cruiserweight Championship (1 time)
- WWF Hardcore Championship (1 time)
- WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) -with Montel Vontavious Porter
- WWE United States Championship (1 time)
- WCW Tag Team Championship (1 time)
- WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Jeff Hardy
- Terri Invitational Tournament – with Jeff Hardy
- 2009 Bragging Rights Trophy
- Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal Trophy (2018)
- WrestleCade Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
- Best Gimmick (2002)
- Worst Feud of the Year (2004) with Lita Vs. Kane
Social Media Presence
Instagram: 1.8 million followers
Twitter: 1.4 million followers
Facebook: 785k followers