Scott Carl Rechsteiner is a Professional American Wrestler who wrestled in World Championship Wrestling alongside his older brother Rick as The Steiner Brothers and as a member of the New World Order.
Though Steiner is not a highlighted personality in the world of wrestling, he is one of the most prominent and highly paid wrestlers. He has played for Jim Crockett Promotions, the World Wrestling Federation/ Entertainment, and Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. He even competed in main pay-per-view events in WWF, WCW, and TNA in the 1990s and 2000s.
|Full Name||Scott Carl Rechsteiner|
|Ring Name||Scott Steiner|
|Date of Birth||July 29, 1962|
|Marital Status||Married with Christa Podsedly|
|Birthplace||Bay City, Michigan, United States|
|Profession||Professional Wrestler, Actor|
|Net Worth||Estimated around $3 Million|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||276 lb (125 Kg)|
Early Life and Childhood
Born on July 29, 1962, Steiner’s birthplace is in the Bay City of Michigan. Before getting into the wrestling profession, he used to practiced wrestling vigorously from a very young age, and thus, was considered as a part-time wrestler. Steiner attended the University of Michigan and took part in wrestling when he was only 190 lbs. It provided him with an immense opportunity to become Big 10 runners-up three times, right after finishing off as a fresher.
Age, Height, Weight, and Net Worth of Scott Steiner
Even at the age of 57, Scott has maintained a fantastic physique and a robust personality. He has a fantastic height of 5 feet and ten inches and weighs about 125 kg. And as of 2019, he is estimated to have a net worth of $2 million – $5 million (approx), which he earned from his flourishing wrestling career.
Before entering into the world of wrestling, Scott took an intensive training under Dr. Jerry Graham Jr. in Ohio at the Torio’s Health Club located in Toledo. He made his debut in the World Wrestling Association in Toledo under his birth name Scott Carl Rechsteiner. There he won the title and held it for a whole year. From that moment onwards, Scott became unstoppable; he formed a tag team with his trainer, won WWA World Tag Team Championship.
Scott Steiner is a successful tag-team wrestler and has been able to achieve World Tag Team Championship twelve times in World Championship Wrestling, World Wrestling Federation, New Japan Pro Wrestling and Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
No, any wrestlers dared to face against this brother duo and were perhaps one of the most dominant Tag Team, showcasing some powerful technical skills along with invincible strength. Together they achieved numerous Tag Team Championships and proved themselves as dominant wrestlers. However, Scott Steiner broke away from his brother soon after and embarked in the journey of singles wrestlers, after so many years of standing in his shadow.
World Championship Wrestling (WCW)
As a singles wrestler, Steiner has won the WCW World Heavyweight Championship one time, WCW United States Heavyweight Championship two times, WCW World Television Championship two times. In WCW’s history, he became the first-ever man to realize the seventh Triple Crown Championship.
Scott Steiner gained much popularity with his passionate maneuvers and took WCW by storm. He had what it takes to be a singles wrestler, even claiming the WCW Heavyweight title. After the closing down of WCW, he got assigned to WWE, where he made his presence felt at Survivor Series 2002.
He often refers to himself as a Genetic Freak because of his toned muscles and chiseled frame. Having two most massive arms in the world, Scott Steiner proves to be one of the most dominant forces on the RAW roster and a powerful contender for the World Heavyweight Titles.
Personal Life of Scott Steiner
Rechsteiner got married to Christa Podsedly on June 7, 2000. Scott and Christa have been together for almost seventeen years now. The couple is genuinely in love and has shown no signs of separation until the date. He is a loving father of two children. When wrestler Apolo kicked him in the throat, he began coughing blood and was taken to the hospital. Later it was found that Scott Steiner had a torn trachea. He was given only a few hours to live. However, after a 2-day induced coma and surgery, the tear got repaired and hence gave him a new life.
Championships and Accomplishments
Big Time Wrestling
- BTW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Canadian Wrestling’s Elite
- CWE 123Approved.ca Television Championship (1 time)
Continental Wrestling Association
- CWA Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Jed Grundy, Bill Travis
Dutch Pro Wrestling
- Dutch Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Impact World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – Eli Drake
Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling
- MACW Hardcore Championship (3 times)
National Wrestling Alliance
- NWA World Tag Team Champion (1 time) – Rick Steiner
- NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion (1 time)
New Japan Pro Wrestling
- IWGP Tag Team Champion (2 times) – with Rick Steiner
Preston City Wrestling
- PCW Tag Team Champion (2 times) – with Rick Steiner
Pro Wrestling America
- PWA Tag Team Champion (1 time) – with Rick Steiner
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Match of the Year (1991) – with Rick Steiner vs. Lex Luger and Sting at SuperBrawl
- He was the Most Improved Wrestler of (1989)
- Steiner was ranked No. 2 of the top 100 Tag Teams of the ‘PWI Years’ with Rick Steiner in 2003
Pure Action Championship Wrestling
- Steiner won PACW Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Rick Steiner
Ring Ka King
- Steiner won RKK Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Abyss
Stars and Stripes Championship Wrestling
- SSCW Heavyweight Champion (1 time)
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
- TNA World Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Booker T and Eli Drake
- Scott Steiner won Feast or Fired (2007 – X Division Championship contract)
- Scott Steiner won Feast or Fired (2007 – World Heavyweight Championship contract)
Universal Championship Wrestling
- UCW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
World League Wrestling
- Steiner won WLW Tag Team Championship – with Kyle Roberts
World Wrestling Association (Indianapolis)
- WWE World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- WWE World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Jerry Graham Jr.
World Championship Wrestling
- WCW World Heavyweight Champion (1 time)
- WCW United States Heavyweight Champion (2 times)
- World Championship Wrestling World Television Champion (2 times)
- WCW World Tag Team Champion (6 times) – with Rick Steiner
World Wrestling All-Stars
- WWE World Heavyweight Champion (1 time)
World Wrestling Council
- WWC Universal Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
- Best Wrestling Maneuver (1989, 1990)
- Scott Steiner was Match of the Year (1991) with Rick Steiner vs. Hiroshi Hase and Kensuke Sasaki
- Steiner won the Tag Team of the Year (1990)
- Scott Steiner was the Worst Worked Match of the Year (2003)
World Wrestling Federation
- WWF World Tag Team Champion (2 times) – with Rick Steiner
Other Media of Scott Steiner
On February 1, 2001, Rechsteiner appeared in the television program called Charmed, playing the role of Mega Man in the episode of Wrestling With Demons, alongside Booker T and Buff Bagwell. Scott Steiner also made an appearance as himself in the Disney Channel program ‘Jersey.’ Steiner has also played the role of Boss in an Indian movie called 1 Chor 2 Mastikhor. Furthermore, Rechsteiner has made several appearances in video games like WCW: The Main Event, WCW SuperBrawl Wrestling, WCW vs., The World, WCW vs. nWo World Tour, WCW Nitro, etc.