A Japanese Professional Wrestler “Shinsuke Nakamura” is a former mixed martial artist who is currently the Intercontinental Championship of WWE. Nakamura is one of the two wrestlers to hold the NXT championship on more than one occasion, along with Samoa Joe.
|Full Name||Nakamura Shinsuke|
|Ring Name||Shinsuke Nakamura|
|Date of Birth||February 24, 1980|
|Marital Status||Harumi Maekawa|
|Birthplace||Mineyama, Kyoto Prefecture, Kansai, Japan|
|Profession||Professional Wrestler, Mixed Martial Artist|
|Net Worth||Estimated around $3.6M|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||229 lb (104 Kg)|
Early Life and Childhood
Japanese Superstar, Shinsuke Nakamura, was born on February 24, 1980, in Mineyama, Kyoto. Shinsuke had an average family like most of the Japanese families. During his school life, because of his physical weakness and lean body, he used to be bullied a lot; also, he was shamed by his siblings.
After getting frequently bullied by his classmates, he then started to train himself to become active and fight against bullies. His love for wrestling emerged through the training and even bought a book called “How to be a Pro Wrestler.” His favorite wrestler during childhood was Jushin Liger.
Age, Weight, Height, and Net Worth of Shinsuke Nakamura
Ultra talented and skilled Shinsuke Nakamura is now 39 years old with a pretty fantastic body height of 6 ft and 2 inches. He holds an average weight of 104 kg, i.e., 229 pounds. The net worth of WWE superstar Shinsuke Nakamura is $3.6 Million.
Shinsuke Nakamura Career
Shinsuke has a unique unmatchable skill while wrestling in the ring. After his early training in fighting skills, he then quickly got involved in the Japanese Pro-Wrestling platform in March 2002. Because of his superpowers and his high strength and speed, he was named as Super Rookie after his few impressive fights.
Nakamura had a good mixed martial art skill and began training vale tudo and started to wrestle but was defeated at his debut by Daniel Gracie. Nakamura then won his first MMA fight against Jan Nortje with a guillotine choke on May 2, 2003. He then defeated Hiroyoshi Tenzan on December 9 for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship and became the first youngest wrestler to win the title.
Shinsuke Nakamura got another perfect chance of winning big title IWGP Tag Team Championship with his fighting partner Hiroshi Tanahashi. He then had to defeat his tag team partner to win IWGP U-30 Openweight Championship on January 4, 2005. After his confidence in winning titles, he once challenged Brock Lesnar for IWGP Heavyweight Championship on January 4, 2006, at Toukon Shidou Chapter 1, but unfortunately, he lost the match.
Nakamura then for this further career went to Mexico, Brazil, and Russia to train with Lesnar. He then improved his fighting skills, which was famous for his dream of joining the American Wrestling show “World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).” Nakamura, however, improved his muscular mass during his overseas training.
Shinsuke won his first IWGP Heavyweight Championship match against Togi Makabe on Dome Show. He then won the same title for the second time against his rival Tanahashi in the main event of Wrestle Kingdom. Nakamura finally got an opportunity to join WWE on January 27, 2016.
World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)
He started WWE from the NXT championship for a year. There he defeated Sami Zyan in his debut match at NXT TakeOver Dallas. Then defeated Tye Dillinger in his NXT television debut. And again defeated the team of Blake and Murphy with the partnership of Austin Aries.
Since he had a pleasant start in NXT, on April 4, 2017, Nakamura made his debut by interrupting The Miz and Maryse. Nakamura got instance appreciation of his wrestling talent and skills in WWE as well. Within a short time, he was announced to fight on Money in the Bank ladder match against big superstars, AJ Styles, Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler, Kevin Owens, and Sami Zyan but lost the game.
He made many rivals on WWE but also got many opportunities to win titles. Nakamura got a chance to win WWE Championship against Jinder Mahal on August 20 at SummerSlam, where it again lost the match because of distraction from The Singh Brothers.
Nakamura is the only player to win Royal Rumble in his very first attempt, where he challenged AJ Style for a Wrestlemania match and lost the chance of winning the WWE Championship title.
Shinsuke Nakamura Persona Life
Championships and Accomplishments
New Japan Pro-Wrestling
- IWGP 3rd Belt Championship (1 time)
- IWGP Heavyweight Championship (3 times)
- NWF Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- IWGP Intercontinental Championship (5 times)
- IWGP Tag Team Championship (1 time) with Hiroshi Tanahashi
- 10,000,000 Yen Tag Tournament (2004) with Hiroyoshi Tenzan
- IWGP U-30 Overweight Championship (1 time)
- G1 Climax (2011)
- G1 Tag League (2006) with Masahiro Chono
- National District Tournament (2006) with Koji Kanemoto
- New Japan Cup (2014)
- This Hall Cup Six Man Tag Team Tournament (2003) with Hiro Saito and Tatsutoshi Goto
- Yuko Six Man Tag Team Tournament (2004)
- Heavyweight Tag MVP Award (2005)
- Tag Team Best Bout
- Match of the Year Award (2009)
- Match of the Year Award (2014)
- Outstanding Performance Award (2003)
- Technique Award (2012)
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Nakamura was the most popular wrestler of the Year (2016)
- Shinsuke Nakamura was Ranked No.5 of the best 500 singles wrestlers
- Nakamura won the Best Bout Award (2013) vs. Kota Ibushi on August 4
- Nakamura won the Best Bout Award (2014) vs. Kazuchika Okada on August 10
- Shinsuke Nakamura was Rookie of the Year Award (2003)
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
- Most Charismatic (2014, 2015)
- Pro Wrestling Match of the Year (2015) vs. Kota Ibushi on January 4
- Wrestler of the Year (2014)
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 2015)
- NXT Championship (2 times)
- WWE Intercontinental Championship (1 time, current)
- WWE United States Championship (2 times)
- Men’s Royal Rumble (2018)
- NXT Year-End Award (2 times)
- Male Competitor of the Year (2016)
- Overall Competitor of the Year (2016)
Nakamura, with love for his children, has appeared in a kid’s advertisement where he played for a music video called “Happy.” He also published his autobiography named “King of Strong Style” in the same year of 2014. Nakamura had his first video game appearance as a playable character in King of Colosseum in 2004 then WWE 2k20 in 2019.
Social Media Presence